We’re always on the lookout for talented and results-oriented people. We offer a friendly, casual, small team and a work environment high on responsibility and low on politics. Compensation packages include healthcare, disability insurance, paid vacation/holidays (including your birthday off), IRA matching and flex schedules. We also have snacks, Dogwood Coffee, team lunches, and a close proximity to Bauhaus Brew Labs and Spyhouse.
If you’re interested in joining us, please send a cover letter and résumé, links to three live website projects that you’ve worked on (with a description of your role in the project), and desired salary requirements. Local applicants preferred; no phone calls please.
Contact Information: email@example.com
You are smart, optimistic, solution- and process-oriented. You live to address client needs and plan and execute great strategies that highlight our team’s expertise while guiding client success. You’re driven to exceed sales goals and turn prospect inquiries into long-term clients who become raving fans of our team and process.
We get the majority of our leads through word of mouth/referrals and our existing marketing efforts (PPC, social media, and organic SEO). We need you to nurture these leads, listen to the client’s needs and determine how we can best fill them with our team’s expertise — then efficiently onboard the clients and nurture multi-year ongoing business relationships. You will set up initial meetings with inbound prospects by phone/email and in person. After kicking off new account relationships, you will ensure that overall strategy and client business objectives are being met. You’ll work directly with project management, design, and development staff to be the client advocate throughout the project life cycle. Your close partnership with project management colleagues will work to make clients happy while keeping projects profitable and moving ahead efficiently.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Be warm, likable, and a good listener who is very knowledgeable about web design/development, graphic design, and branding solutions, and how they can solve a client’s business and marketing needs. Clients and prospective clients must trust you as their expert guide throughout the sales cycle and the project.
- Relate to, and instill confidence in a wide variety of types of client representatives, ranging from marketing managers to administrative staff, as well as business owners from a variety of industries.
- Work with project management, design, and development staff to create accurate estimates and project specifications for new projects, as well as additions to existing projects.
- Follow up with clients throughout the project, after the project, and on a semi-annual basis to ensure customer satisfaction, review needs, and develop plans.
- Be conversant and familiar with WordPress, Shopify, and OpenCart or Magento for ecommerce.
- Consult with prospective and existing clients to strategize and recommend the best solutions to their needs while generating revenue for our firm, focusing on win-win relationships with long-term sustainability.
- Become an expert in our unique process, deliverables, and customer satisfaction standards, ensuring that the projects you propose are great fits for our team, and that you’re accurately describing our services to prospects.
- Respond quickly and thoughtfully to potential sales inquiries/warm leads that we receive via the phone and email, driving to the next step in the process.
- Give sales presentations to prospective clients via phone/screen-share and in person.
- Create detailed proposals, estimates, and responses to RFP’s with clear, succinct, and error-free writing, and thorough specifications.
- Track and document all inquiries, leads, notes, and activities in our CRM.
- Ensure a smooth on-boarding process for new customers at project kickoff, obtaining key project information from clients, and answering any client questions.
- Oversee customer account billing for accuracy.
- Plan, organize, implement and track the success of sales and marketing initiatives.
- Other related responsibilities may be assigned as needed to help the company operate efficiently.
- You have at least 2 years of experience at a design or interactive agency.
- You offer at least 3 years of account management, project management or sales experience, and a proven track record.
- You have at least an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
- You are efficient, organized, a Mac user, and a natural communicator (in one-on-one and group situations as well as in writing).
- You want to join a team of great people who are passionate about growing our company, creating work that we’re proud of, and keeping clients coming back for more.
Bookkeeper and Office Manager
You’re a number cruncher, detail chaser, natural communicator and problem solver who enjoys getting stuff done, and isn’t afraid to jump in and figure things out. You thrive on making the larger team run smoothly and efficiently.
Our growing company is looking for an efficient, highly accurate and detailed, results-oriented bookkeeper and office manager. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be extremely tech-savvy, and have past experience working with a professional services organization. An understanding of services, billing and accounting for an ad agency, design firm or web development company is a bonus. You want to join a results-oriented team focused on creating a great place to work while helping our clients succeed. In lieu of three website projects, please include three descriptions of problems that you’ve solved on the job and how you achieved success.
Skills and Background:
- Proficient in Google Drive/G Suite: Docs, Sheets
- Proficient in Quickbooks Online
- Able to work efficiently in a Mac environment
- Able to learn and become proficient in other software systems quickly
- Experience with Authorize.net, LiquidPlanner project management, Proposify and Nutshell CRM is a plus
- Interest in learning about our wide range of clients’ industries, products, and services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent phone skills
- Comfortable jumping right in and handling tasks as needed, asking clarifying questions and learning new skills and processes
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and activities at the same time
- Process-driven and efficient, managing big picture goals with highly accurate details
- Familiarity with and interest in branding, graphic design, web design/development and marketing
- Familiarity with social media for business use: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Ability to manage content in a WordPress website and familiarity with SEO concepts are a plus
- A minimum of 3 years in a related position and a 2 year/associate degree
- Daily bookkeeping through Quickbooks Online and other systems, ensuring consistency, automation, and accuracy, with the support of an outside tax accountant and CFO/Controller
- Manage bank deposits, receivables and payables, collections and payments
- Responsible for accurate and timely invoicing of clients, including fielding client billing questions and managing recurring billing and credit card transactions
- Generate routine reports, including P&L, Cash Flow Statement, tracking monthly invoicing progress, weekly KPIs and monthly projections, etc. to support budgeting and forecasting process
- Process and manage semi-monthly payroll and track earned bonuses, reimbursements, PTO, IRA matches and health benefits
- Coordinate banking needs, monitoring accounts and Line of Credit
- Reconcile bank, line of credit and credit card accounts
- File Sales and Use Tax Returns and Payroll Tax Returns as necessary
- Pay sales, state and federal taxes timely
- Manage month-end close deadlines as assigned
- Contribute to process documentation, including making recommendations on policy and procedure development
- Oversee expense report management
- Assist with creation of proposals and other documents
- Manage and enter new clients into CRM
- Manage agency certifications and register/maintain accounts with online directories and vendor lists
- Manage purchasing/stocking of office supplies, equipment and snacks, tracking and managing employee requests while balancing cost-savings with supporting employee happiness and efficiency
- Distribute mail and packages
- Manage and resolve maintenance/ issues with office equipment, IT/communications or facilities
- Manage phones, greet clients, and prepare rooms for meetings
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Make occasional travel arrangements and coordinate/plan office events including monthly lunches out, catering lunches in, holiday parties and happy hours.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, including contract and price negotiations
- Scan and file documents electronically, and contribute to organization of electronic filing systems
- Manage email correspondence and phone calls for President and other staff when out of office
- Assist with research, communications and logistics to assist President and staff
- Support President with scheduling, reminders and other activities as needed