We’re always on the lookout for talented and results-oriented people. We offer a friendly, casual, small team and a work environment high on responsibility and low on politics. Compensation packages include healthcare, disability insurance, paid vacation/holidays (including your birthday off), IRA matching and flex schedules. We also have snacks, Dogwood Coffee, team lunches, and a close proximity to Bauhaus Brew Labs and Spyhouse.
If you’re interested in joining us, please send a cover letter and résumé, links to three live website projects that you’ve worked on (with a description of your role in the project), and desired salary requirements. Local applicants preferred; no phone calls please.
Contact Information: email@example.com
This position is ideal for someone with a proficiency and interest in front-end web development, with a background and understanding in general web development. This is not a design position, but you should have a sensitivity to design details, aesthetics, and UX.
While you will be working with a development team, you should be able to develop and launch a simple WordPress site independently. Aside from the development team, you will also work closely with in-house design and project management team members.
- Collaborate with the team to understand client needs and deliver smart solutions.
- Create clean HTML, CSS, and JS based on project specifications, wireframes, and design files (Sketch, Photoshop).
- Build and test responsive, highly-customized open source CMS-managed websites (primarily WordPress).
- Work from and contribute to flexible boilerplate themes.
- Implement and/or extend plugins, modules, libraries, and APIs to customize display and functionality.
- Test websites for cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
- Learn new CMS, application, and eCommerce platforms as needed.
- Work in a Mac environment using a code editor of your choice along with Git, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive, and Open Office.
- Continuously discover, filter, absorb, and share smart solutions with the team.
- Other related responsibilities may be assigned as needed to help the company operate efficiently.
- Strong web development portfolio demonstrating a working knowledge of clean and efficient coding practices, user experience, and attention to design detail.
- Work independently or as part of a collaborative development team.
- Quickly devise smart solutions to complex problems.
- Interest in learning and evaluating innovative tools.
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with other team members, outside programmers, vendors, or clients.
- Strong organizational time-management skills, including the ability to contribute to several concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML/CSS, accessibility guidelines, and SEO practices.
- Familiarity with CSS-preprocessors (SASS, LESS).
Preferred skills, but not required for consideration
- Industry experience as an agency web developer.
- Experience implementing and working with open source CMS platforms.
- Understanding of Git or another version control system (Subversion, CVS).
- Familiar with newer JS frameworks (Vue.js, React, Angular).
- Experience with web-hosting control panels (WHM/cPanel or other proprietary systems).
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related subject area.
The development team at Windmill Design would love to review your resume and portfolio. Even if your experience isn’t an exact match to our Web Developer description, please send us your information following the requirements above so that we can get to know you better.